Sidewalk Cafes

Sidewalk Cafes require a Public Way Use Permit

In addition to issuing business licenses, BACP is the department which handles General Grants of Privilege for the use of the public way. If your business has a sign, canopy, awning, bench, or anything that extends over, under or is on the public way, it may require a public way use permit. There are several different types of public way uses including sidewalk cafes.

You can apply for a public way use permit unit in City Hall,  121 N. LaSalle St.,  room 800.  Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  You can request an appointment with a business consultant here or by calling 312-74-GOBIZ (744-6249).

Download  SidewalkCafeApp

Chicago Political Website Design By: Dins, Inc